Monday

Traditions

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. Given that the second half of 2013 was a bit of a struggle, I'm hopeful that 2014 will be a year of change and progress. This eve is one of my favorite days of the year because of family tradition. To kick off the new year we always see a movie, eat at Olive Garden, and then spend the night pigging out on junk food, (in more recent years) drinking, and playing games. It's simple, it's fun, and it's ours. My brothers and I are so fond of this tradition that we often do not bother making plans with friends preferring to spend this time together. That may change a bit this year as I am trying to get fancy and go dancing somewhere with friends, but that won't be until later so the tradition lives on! Do you have any fun new years' traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment