Saturday

Simple Saturday// Make Your Own French Curve

I'm always on the lookout for things I can make inexpensively instead of buying to save a few bucks. I was in Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago, looking to buy a french curve to aid in drafting clothing patterns and it hit me that I probably didn't really need to buy one. I figured it must be pretty simple to make one and I was right. Google gifted me with a free printable courtesy of Jamie over at The Sewing Notebook. Thanks Jamie! Just a tip for the technologically challenged like me, or if you don't have a printer: open up the pdf copy of the print on your computer, tape together two sheets of computer paper, and lightly trace the french curve right off your computer screen. For durability, I then traced my paper french curve onto a thin piece of cardboard and cut it out. The whole process took all of 15 minutes and I saved about ten bucks. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment