Monday

Glazed Apricots

 I made glazed apricots for the first time today for my momma's birthday. I had no idea how they would turn out, but I am thrilled to report that they are incredible! And seriously addicting, so watch out.

You will need:
1 cup of water
1 1/2 cups of sugar
6oz package of dried apricots (or more)
good dark chocolate (optional)

This recipe is really simple. The most important tip I have is to buy good dried apricots. They should feel soft and moist. Start by boiling the water in a small saucepan. After the water reaches a boil, add the sugar. Stir until the sugar completely dissolves then allow the sugar water to come to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. This will thicken the syrup/glaze a bit. Take the glaze off the heat. Prepare a plate or pan with wax paper. Dip your apricots in the glaze and place on the wax paper to dry. I dipped mine twice and then placed them in the fridge for a few hours to set. I decided to dip half of my glazed apricots in dark chocolate. No secret here. Just buy good chocolate and melt it in the microwave in short increments to prevent burning, then dip your apricots. Place in the fridge for a few minutes to set the chocolate, then try not to devour every last one all by yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment