Saturday

Simple Saturday// Lace Back Sweatshirt DIY

 I realize it is summer and as such it is quite hot and heavy outside. So why all the sweater posts?! Because I actually have time to do the projects now. And besides, nights cool down and a sweater may come in handy. This particular sweater DIY is more summer friendly anyway, as the entire back is replaced with a panel of lace. You can show off one of those cute bandeau bras! I had this sweatshirt lying around, having already removed the back panel for a different project and was wondering what I should do with it. Well, I found an inexpensive lace tablecloth at Amvets and thought it would look perfect with the sweater! Here's what I did:





It's a pretty easy project. Cut out the back, pin in the lace, sew and wear! The most difficult part is some of the maneuvering with the sewing machine simply because sweatshirts are a bit bulky, but this project can easily be completed in less than 2 hours. Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment