Friday

Five on Friday// Halloween Candy

All Pictures are from Google Images
With Halloween just around the corner, I though it'd be fun to come up with a list of my favorite candy bars that I'll be missing out on since I'm too old to go trick-or-treating. Sad faces all around. It's not all bad, instead I get to hand out candy to all of the cute little kids and see their costumes. And avoid getting freaked out by the most basic of Halloween decorations. I'm kind of a big baby. After being scarred for life by a "family friendly" (yea, right) haunted house my parents took me and brothers too when we were quite young, I will never ever step foot in another one. I avoid scary movies, previews included, like the plague. I'm the one who will close her eyes, cover her ears, and sing to avoid seeing/hearing something scary. Yea, I still have friends. And if your costume is scary, whether I know who is under it or not, just stay away. Seriously. I have an over active imagination as it is. I do not need help imagining scary stories, people, happenings etc. Don't get me wrong. Arguably, the best part of Halloween is dressing up. But why can't everyone play nice and stick to being cute animals or loveable book/movie characters with maybe a witch or two thrown in for good measure? Alright, end rant. My five favorite Halloween (or anytime really) candies are:


  
Almond Joy. I love coconut. And Almonds. And chocolate, obviously. All three together makes for a very satisfying candy bar experience.

Snickers Peanut Butter. This may be the very greatest thing that has happened in the world of candy for a while. It's kind of a magical experience. I highly recommend it.
Reese's Cups. Doesn't even need an explanation. Forever a classic.
Take 5. Delicious and hearty. It's like a little chocolate meal that is both sweet and salty. Who could resist?
Twix. They've always been one of my favorites. Check out this recipe for homemade Twix that Emma made on A Beautiful Mess. They look awesome! I'm going to have to try making my own.

2 comments:

  1. Oh you are making me want to raid my daughters candy haul. Love the peanut butter cups and mounds.

    ReplyDelete