Saturday

Simple Saturday// Greens&Beans&Shrooms

 Guys. Greens & beans is one of my favorite things to eat. I LOVE it. It's super delicious and, as a bonus, it's good for you too! It's one of those dishes you can mix and match what greens and which beans (and whatever else you want to add) you want. I've used kale, escarole, and endive; chick peas, northern white, and black beans. My favorite combination is endive with northern white beans. I just love the texture and flavor of white beans after they've been cooked! For this round I also included a giant portobello mushroom because we had it and they're delicious.
 Open, rinse, and strain a can of beans. Chop your green of choice and mushroom into bite size pieces. Throw everything into a saute pan with some olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let cook uncovered for 10 minutes or so until the greens are wilted, the beans are thoroughly warmed (better texture), and the mushroom is cooked. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment