Today I bring you: chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats aka food of the gods. This is a pinterest inspired recipe gone awesomely, deliciously, stupendously right. It is easy. It is quick. It tastes amazing. I will be making these regularly from now on! Oh, and it's perfect for a Valentine's Day treat too ;)
You will need:
1 10.5 oz bag mini marshmallows
5 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
1/4 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/3 cup chocolate chips
2. In a microwave safe bowl combine the bag of mini marshmallows with the 1/4 cup of butter and a 1/4 cup of the peanut butter. Microwave for 2 minutes.
3. Pour the 5 1/2 cups of rice cereal into the melted marshmallow concoction. Stir until well combined.
4. Dump the krispie mixture out onto the wax paper lined baking sheet. Put a little non-stick spray on your hands and press the cereal down into an even layer.
5. Combine the rest of the peanut butter (3/4 cup) and the chocolate chips (1 1/3 cup) in a microwave safe container. Microwave in 20 second intervals so as to avoid burning the chocolate. Stir to combine.
6. Pour the delicious chocolate peanut buttery goodness onto your krispies. Use a spatula to evenly disperse the chocolate.
7. Lift an edge of the krispies and roll them until you have a log. Press the edge together. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then slice into wheels.
8. Devour this magical creation.