Leftover Diaries: Rice
Cheese(s) of your choice, shredded (I used a mix of cheddar and pepper jack)
Seasonings of your choice (I just used salt and pepper)
a bit of flour
1. Start by pouring 1.5-2 inches of oil into a frying safe container. Put the heat on high.
2. In a bowl, combine your rice, cheese, seasonings, 1 egg and a few tablespoons of flour. The egg and flour will help the mixture stick together better.
3. Form the rice mixture into small (1-2 inches) balls.
4. Prepare two separate bowls. Beat the second egg in one and pour the bread crumbs into another.
5. Roll your rice balls first in the egg and then in the bread crumbs until completely covered. Pat the bread crumbs so they're fairly secure.
6. Put one rice ball in the friar to test the oil. If the ball bubbles and starts to brown immediately then your oil is ready, if not give your oil a few more minutes to heat up.
7. When your oil is ready lower the heat to medium. Fry as many as your rice balls at once as you are comfortable with. After a few minutes, rotate the balls making sure it browns evenly on all sides.
8. Let the rice balls cool for a few minutes then enjoy!