2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of chopped apple
1/2 cup of slivered almonds
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk
1/2 cup applesauce
3 T butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
4T cold butter cut into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8x8in baking dish and place on a baking sheet.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix wet ingredients separately. Then combine the wet and dry and pour into the greased baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the oatmeal is baking, make the crumb topping. Squish the ingredients together to create a loose crumble. It's getting warmer here so I let my crumb topping sit in the fridge until I was ready to use it to keep the butter cold.
- At the 25 minute mark, pour the crumb topping over the oatmeal. Bake for an additional 15 minutes until golden brown and the milk mixture has set. Enjoy hot out of the oven!
- For extra decadence, try serving with maple syrup or caramel sauce drizzled over the top.