Simple Pizza Dough
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups flour, plus 2-3 more cups
2 tablespoons instant yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a microwave safe container, combine the wet ingredients and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
2. In a bowl, combine 2 cups of flour with the other dry ingredients. I used an electric mixer. It can be mixed by hand, but the electric mixer takes care of most of the kneading.
3. With the mixer on medium low, slowly pour the warm liquid mixture into the dry ingredients.
4. Gradually add another 2-3 cups of flour. Add just enough flour that the dough completely pulls away from the sides of the bowl. If mixing by hand, add flour in until the dough is no longer sticky, but is still pretty elastic.
5. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead a few times then let rest for 10-20 minutes under a towel.