Saturday

Simple Saturday// Mulled Cider

 It is the season of cider! There is little that screams Fall flavor to me like cider, especially since I don't care for pumpkin. Sorry PSL fans. I will not be joining you. Hot cider is a wonderful accompaniment to chilly Fall days and with a couple of added spices, you can have a really simple and delicious mulled cider.
 I did not make my own cider so this recipe was ultra simple, although I've heard you can do the whole shebang in a crockpot. We are fortunate enough to have Mayer Brothers Cider Mill locally, but it's only open a few months a year so it has quite the cult following. For my mulled cider I started with 4 cups of cider in a medium sized saucepan. I added a 1/4 tsp of each of the following: ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and nutmeg. I found that this amount of spice was perfect for the amount of cider, but you can adjust the amount and kinds of spices based on preference. After adding the spices, I heated the cider on a low heat for about 20 minutes until it was warmed through. This is delicious and so simple to do. The spices don't overpower, but enhance the cider. Enjoy this Fall classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment