Bakerella) These are totally scrumptious, by the way, and wicked simple to make. Think lemon bar, but with a fudgy brownie consistency. Here we go!
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 T lemon zest
3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
3 T lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 T lemon juice
1 T lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
1. This is a one bowl recipe! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8inch square pan with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Then add the wet ingredients, using the whisk until the batter is well combined.
3. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake 20-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
4. Allow the lemonies to cool completely. While they cool, sift the powdered sugar into a bowl to get rid of any lumps. Add in the lemon and lime juice and zest. Whisk to combine until the icing is a smooth and silky consistency.
5. When the lemonies have cooled, pour the icing all over those bad boys. Place in the fridge for a bit to set the icing then dig in!
These are SO delicious! I want to try making an orange or grapefruit version. If you love citrus, give these a try :)