Thursday

BOOK REVIEW: Seriously...I'm Kidding

If you're looking for a fun summer read, something to peruse on the beach, or maybe just a pick-me-up from your daily routine, look no further. I've always loved Ellen Degeneres's sense of humor, love for life, and dance moves. In Seriously...I'm Kidding, her comic relief is mixed with an almost child-like whimsy to create many laugh-out-loud moments. She frequently goes off on tangents which are written in such a way that it seems as if the reader has direct access to Degeneres's thoughts as she has them...and that she may have A.D.D. It is all for the reader's benefit. It makes for a very entertaining read.

If you're like me, you will read the whole book at once because it is addictively light-hearted, but I think it may be best read in short snatches so that each topic and the resulting laughter can be savored.

This is a book I will return to time and again when I need a laugh or to remember that life isn't so serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment