Saturday

Simple Saturday// Homemade Grape Juice

 So I went to a farmer's market with my boyfriend a couple weekends back and bought a bunch of concord grapes for two bucks because it was a great deal and concord grapes are SO grapey and delicious! I knew when I bought them there was no way I was actually going to eat all of them and so after munching on them for a few days I took what I had left (about 4 cups of grapes) and decided to make grape juice. Didn't have a recipe, didn't bother looking one up either. Just threw it together and got the best results! It's like liquid candy. Tastes exactly like store bought grape juice except it doesn't leave that sugary film on your teeth after drinking it. Score!
 I put my grapes, stems and all, into a pot with 6 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar then let it simmer for about 30 minutes until the grapes started losing their skins. Then I took a potato masher and muddled the grapes to release all of their juicy goodness into the water. After that, I let it simmer for another 10 minutes or so. I strained the juice mixture with a fine mesh strainer and let it cool. I was left with beautiful, purple, delicious concord grape juice! We drank it within 5 days of being made because there aren't any preservatives in it. This is so easy (and economical) to make! I highly recommend it.





No comments:

Post a Comment