Friday

Five on Friday// Giving Thanks

Source: Pinterest
With Thanksgiving being right around the corner, I thought this Five on Friday could be focused on what I am most thankful for.

My Family Over the last few years it has become obvious to me that my family dynamic is not necessarily the norm. We love each other. We respect each other. We want to see each other succeed. And we enjoy spending time together. I genuinely get along well with both of my brothers and my relationship with my parents is strong and real. I have a steady support system that I know a lot of people are missing in their own lives. It's something I'm very aware of and not something I'll ever take for granted.

Creativity, Curiosity, and Recycling I have always had an interest in crafting and creating, but as a kid I never seemed to have the skills, the resources, or the patience to finish anything worthwhile. Now that I'm a bit older, I have (a little) more discipline and I've taught myself how to sew and knit. I like to dabble with paint and old furniture. Next on the agenda is learning to work with leather and wood. Almost all of my projects use at least some reclaimed or recycled materials. I love giving new life to abandoned materials. I love learning knew things and it is so rewarding to create something beautiful from raw materials.

My Education Someday it will pay off and then I will truly be thankful, but for now I'm thankful just to have my MBA done and over with.

The Boyfriend Last year I met Zach and he's been my best friend ever since. He makes me laugh, he believes in me when I don't, and he treats me like I am the most special human being on the planet. He's one of the best guys I know and I can't wait to see where our adventures take us.

Old Friends and New(ish) Friends I am one of those people who has had the same group of friends for the last 10 years. We don't always see each other and we go for long periods of time without any communication, but whenever we get together we pick up right where we left off. That is a huge comfort. Beyond this group, I made a ridiculous amount of new friends in college and I had some of the best roommates/friends a girl could ask for. During grad school I made even more new friends and I've been so fortunate to still see a bunch of them every few weeks. Let me be the first to say I'm awful at keeping in touch and making plans because I'm lazy, but I love you all very much and you make my life better.

There is so much more that I am thankful for. The list could go on for days. These are just the highlights. Now I want to know, What are you most thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment