Monday

Let Them Eat Cake

 
 Today was a cozy, live in my sweat pants, cuddle under a blanket, and read a book, blustery, snowy day. So I did that for a while. And then I made a cake. Because, why not? And we didn't have eggs. So I give you the egg-less chocolate cake with whipped cream frosting and toasted coconut.

For the cake:
1-1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup sugar
6 T of vegetable oil
1 cup skim milk
1 T white vinegar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8" round pans with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a liquid measuring cup, combine all of the wet ingredients. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring all the while until well combined. Pour evenly between the two pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean (I think I took mine out at about 17 minutes). Let the cakes sit for a few minutes before putting them on racks. While the cakes cool completely, make the whipped cream frosting. I used a 16 oz container of heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to taste. Put in a standing mixer and whip until you have stiff peaks. I put a layer of whipped cream between the two layers and then frosted the tops and sides. For a little extra flavor I sprinkled some toasted coconut on top. This cake is super light and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment